Commitments/MuchMusic USA

>To be honest I don't really know, but if you watch the film "The
>Commitments" you do briefly see Andrea doing a Jig as Robert Arkin auditions
>people for the band. Can't remember exactly where in the film, but no doubt
>someone else can be more precise. :)

Hello Matt. It's fairly close to the beginning. On the NTSC laserdisc
Andrea's dainty hopping steps are at the 12:40 mark (although the
the movie starts at 0:30 allowing the FBI to do their solemn duty).
For a PAL tape which runs 4% slower than NTSC, you'd add 30 seconds
or so.

<Audience yawns profoundly>

Well, I've lost most everyone now. Let's see about any remaining
insomniacs...

As most people know, The Corrs and U.S. Television are virtual strangers
thanks to the lifeless efforts of their sham of a record label. One
exception to this deafening TV silence was a 10 minute spot aired recently
by the little known cable channel, MuchMusic USA, on a program called
"The New Music". Basically, it was one of those interview-dovetailed-
with-short-video-clip collages. I think it's been seen elsewhere.
(Just to identify somewhat: Caroline talks about a young child from
Pamplona, Spain breaking down in tears upon seeing her idol, with Jim
interjecting that Caro shouldn't have headbutted the kid. :)

Unfortunately, MuchMusic USA is not a VH-1/USA or MTV/USA, where the mass
audience is, and the vehicle by which the Billboard 200 can be breached.
Well, as a former boss of mine was always pleased to say after my completing
a huge project: "It's a start."

--
Roy                 |
kl7@rahul.net (USA) |

Quick Search Archive:

Message 007071, last update: 17 Dec 2000 17:47 GMT